PES 2010 was announced on 8 April 2009 and the playable demo for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions was released on 17 September 2009. The game itself was released on 23 October 2009 in Europe.
Lionel Messi is a key endorsement player for PES 2010, having featured extensively throughout the promotion and development of the game. He features on the cover alongside Fernando Torres, another endorsement player.
FeaturesPES 2010 has the following features.
- PES 2010 contains improved visuals, animations and moves, including live player expressions and movements that will change according to conditions on the field. Animations of dribbling and shots on goal, as well as individual skills, have all been reworked.
- Gameplay has been made more realistic. This includes more versatile goalkeepers and greater control over penalties in terms of placing and accuracy.
- There will be an enhanced online experience: a new development team is solely dedicated to improving online play and other aspects such as downloadable content and more updates.
- The AI has been improved thanks to Teamvision 2.0. Referees have been reworked to make more balanced calls during matches.
- PES 2010 introduces greater strategy control: various strategic elements, such as pass frequency and width of play, can be altered.
- The match-day atmosphere gives a better taste of home and away crowds, which will react spontaneously to all the action on the pitch.
- Master League has been enhanced. It has improved managerial aspects, resulting in an increased managerial career lifespan.
- 360-degree control is introduced, available on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game via the analogue sticks on the respective controllers. PS3 owners will also benefit from this when using the DualShock’s D-Pad, but the Xbox 360 and Wii D-Pads are limited to eight-directional control due to the hardware.
ContentWith an exclusive deal with UEFA, both the UEFA Champions League and, for the first time, the UEFA Europa League, are fully licensed. The tournaments are integrated into the Master League mode.
Double Fusion signed an agreement with Konami for advertising their clients products in the game.
In total the game includes 258 squads, with 139 of them being licensed. Including the empty league, the game has a total of 55 teams that can be changed completely by user editing.
Add to: Del.icio.us Digg Reddit