TightVNC can be used to perform remote control and administration tasks in Windows, Unix and mixed network environments. It can be very helpful in distance learning and remote customer support.
TightVNC provides these features which are otherwise absent in standard VNC:
* File transfers in versions for Windows.
* Support for video mirror driver (Windows 2000 and above).
* Scaling of the remote desktop (viewer for Windows and Java viewer).
* Efficient "Tight" encoding with optional JPEG compression.
* Enhanced Web browser access.
* Support for two passwords, full-control and read-only.